'1984' or 'WW84' - A Cerrito Trivia Quiz
Can you identify the differences between the two? Is it as easy as it sounds?
It’s 2021, but folks are still talking about 1984.
Many of us watched the movie Wonder Woman 1984 over Christmas and have also been noticing many references to George Orwell’s novel 1984 since the start of the new year.
Here’s a 10 question quiz where the answer to each trivia question is either the classic book, the latest DC film, or both:
(Scroll to the bottom to find out how to unlock the answers.)
1) Which one takes place partly at the White House?
2) Which one has the Ministry of Peace?
3) Which one features memory holes?
4) Which one has a random bombing of Airstrip One?
5) Which one features the use of the Lasso of Truth?
6) Which one features the use of telescreens?
7) Which one has the following quote?
“Some days, my childhood feels so very far away. And others, I can almost see it: the magical land of my youth, like a beautiful dream of when the whole world felt like a promise... and the lessons that lay ahead yet, unseen. Looking back, I wish I'd listened, wish I'd watched more closely and understood.”
8) Which one was featured in a Super Bowl commercial?
9) Which one has been compared to Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World due to its similarities?
10) Which one features someone named Pedro?
If you’re a fan of The Mandalorian, you know the answer to that last one and should join other Mandalorians from around the galaxy on Zoom for trivia all about Seasons 1 and 2 . Prizes include a Star Wars prize pack from Malco Theatres and more!
🎟 Get your tickets here
🔓 Become a patron of Cerrito Entertainment at patreon.com/cerrito to unlock the answers to all of these questions AND get free access to our virtual trivia events like The Office Trivia on 1/19 and Virtual Family Feud on 1/26. Plus, all patrons get discounted tickets for the Virtual Memphis Beer Fest 2 in March!
Tired of hearing about '84? You’re guaranteed to only hear the numbers 1-75 every Thursday night at 8:30pm CT during our (now weekly!) game of Virtual Cerrito Bingo on Twitch. It’s free to play and prizes include digital gift cards to your favorite restaurants. Register on Eventbrite to get your free bingo card emailed to you for this week’s game.